7.03.2014

Sewing sewing, like a busy bee

Yarn Along it's a day of the week to share what you are knitting and reading created by Ginny, you can add your post here every Wednesday or to the flickr group any day.

So, my kid's birthday is this Sunday, and I'm oh so far from done with all the crafting, but I keep making progress. Of course time to read is not on the picture right now, nor knitting, but I did finish the shawl I talked about last week, just that I don't have foamy block to block it. I do love it, I hope my gran would like it, but for me I would make the large size, this one is medium.


Last night I worked on the mini bow and arrows pouches, and the swords, axes and hammers, all in felt, so kids could not hurt them selves. I made the blade on the swords one side grey and the other side blue, so they can play turning them when the orcs are near.









I also started to place things on the wall, the elvish crowns on Rivendel, the Dwarf Beards, etc. I still have to find a place to hang the floral crowns and the leaf hair pins that I think are kind of hobbit style.



And made the cardboard shields so the kid can decorate them, these are pretty easy and you can reuse any box. I add little shield photos so they can get ideas.





It's been crazy, but I'm pulling it, I'm still have to make the capes (I already made the design, but I think it needs some improve) and the messenger bags to go, did you saw the Smaug Piñata?, I love it.

1 comment:

Brienne Moody said...

Wow! is this all for the birthday? How wonderful!