10.25.2011

Yarn Along and Homescholing

Yarn Along it's a day of the week to share what you are knitting and reading created by Ginny, you can add your post here every Wed. or to the flickr group any day.

This week I'm still on the sleepers for my son, from last week, and a pair of baby sock for a surprise gift.

The yarn on the sleepers it's quite old, my mom gave it to me about 3 years ago, but I remember how it was always in her stash, so I showed to her and we calculated it's about 20 years old. And the good news is that is not acrylic, but wool, she made a little burning test (I didn't knew about this), and showed me how it will became ashes and not a hard plastic thing and there is also the smell of burned hair.

Yarn Along

In the reading front there has been a lot of Calvert manuals being our first year and all the system very new for me, so I'm trying to figure it out, but today we had our fist lesson and we loved it, more on that tomorrow.

So what it's in you needles?

8 comments:

Crunchy Momma said...

I do the same burn test : ) It works perfectly.

Spinneretta said...

I love baby socks- the yarn is pretty!

Lori ann said...

i love the burn test, such a good idea. darling baby socks. :)

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

I do the burn test to and it works the same for fabric :) Your little baby socks look wonderful to!

Jess said...

Sometimes we do the burn test at the fabric store where I work.
Those little socks are adorableness.

Becks said...

Hehe, the littlies love to throw the yarn ends on the fire and watch them shrivel up. Cute socks.

La Chili said...

Oh love that rainbow yarn...

Rebecca said...

I remember Calvert from when we homeschooled! We used Calvert for a few years but then I started branching out into many other curricula. We made it all the way through to the end. One of my daughters is a chemical engineer and the other a registered nurse. Hang in there...it is very rewarding! And, some day you will be able to read for pleasure again instead of mostly for school. :-)