10.13.2011

Indigenous Textile workshop for kids

Oaxaca



We had a workshop at my son's kinder yesterday. It was inspired by a very significant trip we had before leaving Mexico, we went to Oaxaca were we visit museums and just hang around the beautiful city together as a family, it was a good bye to Mexico.

San Agustín Etla

I have always be passionate about Indigenous textiles and so, inspired by all this and they day of the Cultures here in Costa Rica, I design a workshop to show kids about natural fibers, weaving and then they will make their own Huipil, using stamps to decorate, I enjoyed very much, because I love working with kids. My son was my little helper, and it was very nice to see how they all work, too bad I forgot the camera and only had the cell phone one, but the other pictures are from the trip to Oaxaca and I think they are very pretty.

Taller de huipiles (textiles 
indígenas)

I also bring lots of huipiles for them to see, try them on and feel, most of them embroidered.

Taller de huipiles (textiles 
indígenas)

I love how this very young girl worked, focus and happy.

Taller de huipiles (textiles 
indígenas)

This one is by a kid that sings while working, and there is a whole story here, there is a squirrel party, the line is the stair, and there are cakes. Then, on the other side he made that yellow figure, which is the bathroom, that makes complete sense to me, that is needed in a party.

Taller de huipiles (textiles 
indígenas)
Taller de huipiles (textiles 
indígenas)

And one last from our trip.

Oaxaca


No comments: